Did you know?
COSBEAU Ink specializes in creating natural designs for the face and body using tattoo ink. We can create custom designs like Microblading for the eyebrows, eyeliner, lips, and provide advance treatments to camouflage surgical scars from surgery. Very often, we receive inquires and calls regarding dark circles formed underneath the eyes. While we do not offer this type of service, we understand the frustrations that come with having dark circles! Many women resort to temporary solutions like concealer or skin brightening creams to lighten these areas and are now seeking a more longer lasting solution like permanent makeup.
One of my favorite artist for scar camouflage is Rodolpho Torres Brazilian Tattoo Artist. He is a creative artist who specializes in under eye tattoo techniques, stretch marks, and areola repigmentation ( to name a few.) You can check out one of his amazing treatments here or go to https://www.instagram.com/p/BwU_xruBMEn/
While permanent makeup and body tattoo designs would appear to be a favorable solution to camouflaging dark circles, there are some serious consequences to this procedure for the client. Before I share this information, let’s first learn why dark circles appear under the eyes.
Several factors That Can Create Dark Circles
• Genetics – Largely inherited trait, to include medical conditions like thyroid disease
• Fatigue – Sleep deprivation can result in dull & pale skin; allowing blood vessels to become more prominent under the skin.
• Age – Reduction in fat & collagen allows for blood vessels to become more visible under the eyes.
• Eye Strain – Over exposure to TV, can cause blood vessels to enlarge.
• Allergies – Histamines are released in response to protecting your body against harmful bacteria. As a result, this causes your blood vessels to dilate become more visible under the skin
• Dehydration- Loss of water will cause the under-eye area to become sunken; exposing blood vessels under the skin.
• Sun Overexposure – Overexposure will cause the body to produce an excess in melanin- causing the under-eye area to darken.
Potential Consequences of Tattooing Under the Eye
• Over time, the color will rise in the skin resulting in a yellowish effect around the eyes. This is difficult to remove as the use of laser can result in the color becoming black or blinding the patient.
• High risk of infection – Any instrument towards the eye should be approached with caution, as there is a high likelihood of infection.
So what are your options?
• Water is your friend – If you find yourself “slacking” in water intake. Now is the time to start drinking again. Drinking eight 8- ounces of water/2 Liters/ half a gallon is what is commonly recommended for the body
• Home remedies – Ready to create your own mask? Try to this link for some suggested home remedies : https://www.mapsofindia.com/my-india/india/30-best-home-remedies-to-remove-dark-circles-naturally-and-permanently
• Topical Makeup Options – While I am fan of Black Opal and Dermablend products, here is an article that provides some useful products: https://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty/g25621763/best-concealers-dark-circles-spots/
• Tear Trough Treatment/Fillers- Looking for a noninvasive treatment option to tackle dark circles? Fillers may be a viable long term option for you! According to Allure article on tear trough treatment “… (or lower eyelid rejuvenation with filler), the procedure targets the tear trough, which is the lower, sometimes blue-ish area under the eye, just before the cheek.”
Hyaluronic acid-based fillers are typically used and takes less than 30 minutes to administer. I did take the opportunity to contact 740 Park Plastic Surgery directly and confirmed that Dr Daniel Maman and Dr. Stafford Broumand, continue to provide these services to all skin tones to include eyelid surgery for clients looking for a remedy to remove bags under the eyes.
Like this article? Let me know by leaving a comment or sending me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org ! Want to learn more about our services? Contact us at 516-939-4752.